Eligible residential property owners can now claim their 2021 homeowner grant with the PROVINCE.
Remember – B.C municipalities no longer accept Home Owner Grant applications.
As soon as you receive your property tax notice, you can apply for property tax deferment.
Remember – B.C. municipalities no longer accept Property tax deferment applications.
How to apply?
- Apply online at gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant
- Apply 24/7 using a voice recognition self-serve application: Toll-free at 1 888 355-2700
- Or to speak with an agent, call toll-free at 1-888-355-2700, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, excluding statutory holidays
- You will need your Social Insurance Number and tax notice
Property tax deferment:
- Apply online at gov.bc.ca/propertytaxdeferment
- Call 1 888 355-2700 if you must have a paper application; Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, excluding statutory holidays. A paper-based application can take longer to receive and review – you may risk late payment penalties if you not eligible.
Applying online is quicker and secure.