Arena Maintenance Worker
We are currently accepting applications for a seasonal full-time Arena Maintenance Worker.
Operational and building service work performed on an assigned shift at the Sun Peaks Sport Centre rink. The incumbent operates ice-making and resurfacing equipment; monitors refrigeration equipment; and performs a variety of semi-skilled building maintenance and minor repair tasks and routine janitorial duties.
- Working knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in ice-making
- Working knowledge of the materials, methods and equipment used in building maintenance and janitorial work.
- Some knowledge of refrigeration equipment
- Ability to operate ice-making and resurfacing equipment and to monitor refrigeration
- Ability to perform a variety of semi-skilled building maintenance, and minor repair tasks and to perform routine janitorial
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, to ensure that janitorial tasks are completed and to deal courteously and effectively with patrons in ensuring observance of facility rules and
- Ability to prepare and maintain a variety of simple records related to the
- Skill in the use and care of equipment used in the
Desirable Training and Experience:
Completion of Grade 10 supplemented by training related to the work plus some related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Will be provided to the best candidates
Required Licenses, Certificates and Registrations:
A valid Class 5 BC driver’s license.
Ice Facility Operator Certificate or equivalent. Training will be provided to the best candidates. The candidate must be available for one week training at the end of October.
This is a full-time position involving shift work (between the hours of 9 am and 10 pm) for 40 hours per week.
All employees should be available a varied schedule based on bookings.
All candidates are required to submit a Police Record Check as a requirement of the position prior to any appointment. Clearance requires the absence of any criminal charges or convictions related to this position.