April 9th, 2020
Dear Sun Peaks Residents,
We must all do our part to stop the spread of the Covid-19 virus – please follow the information below and continue to be vigilant!
Our clinic continues to be staffed for virtual and telephone visits, if we decide that you need to be seen in person, we will provide instructions. We understand that these are difficult times for everyone, if you need advice or are feeling very anxious please contact us to make an appointment by calling during regular opening hours: 778-644-0635
- Stay at home
- Continue to do physical distancing – at least 6ft or 2 metres
- DO NOT gather in groups of more than 2 people
Community Cloth Masks
There is a lack of definitive data on the use of community cloth masks, however, recently Dr. Theresa Tam, Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer has endorsed their use. Her recent advice is to wear a face mask to help cut down the spread of the novel coronavirus when you are in situations where you can’t always maintain proper physical distance from others. The aim is to prevent transmission by people who are unknowingly infected with the virus.
It is essential that cloth masks be used properly and careful attention is paid to the directions for use. It is important to understand that community cloth masks are not a replacement for cough etiquette, physical distancing or frequent hand hygiene, they may help to reduce outward transmission.
Using a Community Cloth Mask:
- Only use a cloth mask if you NEED to leave home for an essential errand
- Put on a clean mask after washing your hands
- Do not touch your mask or face while wearing the cloth mask
- As soon as you return home, remove the mask by touching only the ties, do not touch the front of your mask, put it straight into the washing machine and wash on a high heat.
- Wash your hands
If you would like to get a community cloth mask, please contact Sun Peaks Community Helps. If you have any questions or any needs please contact them by email: email@example.com or by telephone (236) 822-0550.
Dr. Shane Barclay MD
Dr. Chip Bantock MD
Laura Bantock RN/Executive Director