Property Taxes 2021 Updates:
As of 2021, the Province is responsible for processing the Home Owner Grants. Home Owner Grants are no longer being processed by the Municipality. Program Eligibility has not changed.
- To Qualify for the Home owner Grant you must be the registered owner of the residence (or a spouse or relative of the deceased owner)
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- Live in B.C.
- Occupy the residence as your principal residence
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT HOMEOWNERS CLAIM THEIR GRANT WITH THE PROVINCE HERE: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/taxes/property-taxes/annual-property-tax/home-owner-grant
or via phone at 1-888-355-2700 before July 2, 2021.
If you are eligible for the Home Owner Grant, you do not have to wait for your Tax Notice. You can apply now.
- Property Taxes will be mailed the week of May 24th at the latest.
- Due date is July 2, 2021
- Penalty on unpaid current year taxes will be 10% after 4:30 July 2nd 2021
- Penalty is applied to all outstanding current taxes, including unclaimed Homeowner Grants