PROPERTY TAXES are due July 3rd, 2018. Home Owner Grants (if applicable) are also due by July 3rd 2018. Methods of payment include: Cash, Cheque, Money Order, Interac, Online or Tele-banking.
PAYMENT OF TAXES - To avoid a 10% penalty, payment must be received by July 3rd, 2018 at the Municipal Office.
* INTERAC - Up to your daily limit is accepted.
* PAYMENT BY CHEQUE – Make cheque payable to Sun Peaks Municipality. Cheques post dated to July 3rd are accepted. Dishonoured cheques constitute non-payment of taxes and will be subject to penalty, interest and a $20.00 service charge.
* PAYMENT BY MAIL - Mail remittances to Sun Peaks Tax Department, Sun Peaks, BC V0E 5N0. Payment and/or completed Home Owner Grant applications must be received at the Municipal Office by 4:00 pm July 3rd. Post marks are NOT accepted as the date of payment.
* ONLINE BILL PAYMENT – The account number is the last eight digits of the roll/folio number.
Bank of Montreal - Sun Peaks Mountain Resort Municipality
TD Canada Trust - Sun Peaks Mountain Resort Mun. Taxes
Scotia Bank - Sun Peaks Mun. Taxes
RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) - Sun Peaks Municipality
CIBC - Sun Peaks Mountain Resort Tax (account no. 31724 + last eight digits of folio)
Credit Unions - Sun Peaks Mtn Resort Muni Taxes
HSBC - Sun Peaks Mountain Resort Municipality Taxes
* PAYMENT AT A CANADIAN BANK – The Teller must make the payment through on-line banking.
* MORTGAGE HOLDER– It is the responsibility of the taxpayer to ensure the mortgage holder has paid the taxes.
PROVINCIAL HOME OWNER GRANT- Eligible home owners must submit an application every year.
* In order to qualify for the grant, the residence MUST be the owner’s usual residence (i.e. the address listed on a drivers license or tax return). Proof of residency may be required.
* Home Owner Grant applications are due at the same time as taxes, or penalties apply. They may be mailed, faxed, or emailed in full to the Municipal Office. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
* Home Owner Grant applications must be filed with the Municipality by July 3rd even if taxes are paid through the mortgage holder. Please ensure the mortgage holder remits taxes less the grant.
DUE DATES AND PENALTIES are prescribed by Provincial law. Municipal staff do not have the authority to waive the penalty for any reason.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS - Legislation requires that tax notices must be sent to the address on file with BC Assessment. Non-receipt of a tax notice does not exempt the tax payer from late penalty fees. Please contact BC Assessment with changes of address at 1-866-825-8322 or www.bcassessment.ca.
Tax Certificates for Legal Professionals
The tax certificates are conveniently available online through :
- myLTSA Enterprise: If you have an account, log in and from the main menu, select Service Providers and Order Tax Certificates. For more information about myLTSA or to become a customer, visit ltsa.ca
- BC Online: If you are already a customer of BC Online, log in and select Tax Certificates Online from the main menu. For more information about BC Online or to become a customer, visit bconline.gov.bc.ca
- APIC: If you prefer to pay for the tax certificate by credit card, please visit apicanada.com to open an account and order your Tax Certificate.