Social distancing is a way that we can slow the spread of COVID-19 by limiting close contact with others. Even though we are not sick, we should still keep about two meters (six feet) or the length of a queen-sized bed from one another when we can when outside our homes.
There are many ways to practice social distancing:
- Limit activities outside your home
- Use virtual options to connect with others
- If you are out in public, try to keep 2 metres between yourself and others.
- Keep your hands at your side when possible
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cough into your elbow or sleeve
- Avoid social activities in large gatherings. Learn more on our Event Planning page.
The Provincial Health Officer encourages everyone to practice social distancing to limit transmission of COVID-19. These efforts are not forever but are important for now.
All public gatherings of more than 50 people should be cancelled. This includes indoor and outdoor sporting events, conferences, meetings, religious gatherings and other similar events.