Watering Restrictions changed to Stage 2 – Effective September 5, 2018
Sun Peaks Mountain Resort Municipality is implemented Section 9 of the Water Services Bylaw 0110-002, effective July 31, 2018. Due to the Wet Weather and cooler temperatures, we are now able to modify the water restrictions under Section 9 of the Water Services Bylaw 0110-002 to the following:
Level II – Water Restrictions – As designated by the Engineer
- All Properties with even numbered address are allowed to sprinkle or irrigate only on Wednesdays
- All Properties or Complexes with odd numbered address are allowed to sprinkle or irrigate only on Tuesdays
- Sprinkling and irrigating are not allowed between the hours of 11:00 am and 6:00 pm in each and every day
- Commercial Customers may apply to the Engineer or delegate for a variance to the water restrictions; an appeal from the Engineer’s decision may be made to Chief Administration Officer.
- Filling of swimming pools and/or hot tubs shall be allowed.
- All outdoor hand use of hoses for other than filling swimming pools and/or hot tubs shall be equipped with a working spring-loaded shut-off nozzle.
- Hand watering of plants using a hose with a working spring-loaded shutoff nozzle or a hand-held container is allowed at any time.
These fall in line with the ability for the Engineer to modify outside water use as per Section 9 of the Bylaw 0110-002.
The Engineer may at such times and for such length of time as is considered necessary or advisable by him or her, restrict or prohibit irrigation, yard and garden watering, car washing, hot tub filling and other forms of water use in order to reduce water usage when the Engineer considers water to be in short supply, and every person shall abide by such restriction or prohibition.
Contravention of water use restriction:
Every person who commits an offence against this section of the bylaw is liable to a fine of not less than One Hundred Dollars ($100.00), and for each subsequent offence a fine of not less than Two Hundred Dollars ($200.00).”
Should you have any questions or comments regarding this temporary prohibition of water use, please contact the Municipal Offices at 250-578-2020.
Public Works Manager
Sun Peaks Mountain Resort Municipality
106-3270 Village Way, Sun Peaks, BC, V0E 5N0
(Please note my new email address is now email@example.com