21 MARCH 2020
RETAIL FOOD OUTLETS – stores and food outlets
Consider that food outlets do have a vital role in our community.
1. Limit access to three people in a confined space (like a store).
2. Use duct tape to mark on floor an “X” 6 feet apart and insist people stand on them. If you can use upright method of keeping people apart (like roping off for those of you have it, this would also help).
3. Use tap and credit cards as much as possible.
4. Clean commonly touched hard surfaces – door handles, counters anything people touch etc. EVERY 2 hours. Covid-19 can live on hard surfaces for a prolonged period of time – possibly up to 72 hrs. General deep cleaning is very important with regular 2 hourly cleaning to commonly touched surfaces.
5. Insist that staff wash and dry hands regularly and do not touch their face.
6. For cleaning use 1 part household bleach to 9 parts water or a bleach type cleaner.
7. If staff become unwell, they should self isolate at home, AWAY from family members.
8. Be aware of potential hoarding and reassure customers that there will be enough for everyone.
9. Don’t panic, just use the above protocol to maintain hygiene and essential services.
10. If you need help problem solving call me: 250 851 6263. Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Municipality urges that all food outlets and stores in Sun Peaks follow these directives. The Municipality could order these objectives by declaration but given the few stores open, we urge all businesses to follow the recommendations. The food supply businesses are important for the community so please get it right.