Non-Resident Advisory Committee
Mission Statement: To inform and engage non-resident property owners in any public consultation or approval process, and to advise the municipal council on all issues that impact the non-resident property owners of Sun Peaks.
Members of the Non-resident Advisory Body are:
- Neil Connors
- Tom Kelleran
- Ray Kehl
- Kit Kuhn
Please click the following for Non-Resident Advisory Body minutes, agendas and other information.
Business Advisory Committee
Mission Statement: The role of this body is to advise Council on matters related to economic development and tourism within the Municipality. This body is a 7 member body consisting of community members and 3 Tourism Sun Peaks directors.
The members of the Business Advisory Body are:
- Ryan Schmalz
- Dennis Smith
- Liz Forster
- Dan Stebner
- Aidan Kelly
- John Douglas
Please click the following for Business Advisory Body minutes.
The Seniors Advisory Committee
Mission Statement: To serve in an advisory capacity to the Mayor and Council on matters that impact the quality of life of senior citizens of Sun Peaks. To work with a consultant on the preparation of an Age Friendly community plan.
Members of the Seniors Advisory Committee are:
- Nancy Street
- Jim Alix
- Basil Rathbone
- Martin Pitt
- Ines Popig
- To act as a liaison for all seniors of SPMRM and advise Council and staff on ways to enrich and enhance the health and quality of life of seniors in the community.
- To solicit input and act as a public forum on issues that affect seniors in the community.
- To provide advice to Council based on input received to improve policy, programs and services available to seniors.
- To help identify barriers to movement by seniors in and around the village.
- To aid in the formation of partnerships that will help educate, inform and improve the quality of life for seniors and act as an ongoing resource.
- To identify strategies for keeping seniors interactive with other age groups in the community.
- To aid in the development and ongoing maintenance of a website that will act as a senior’s community resource center.
- To aid in the creation of an Age Friendly plan that will ensure action oriented strategies based on World Health Organizations principles which are ;
- Respect and support of all citizens.
- Access and inclusion for all citizens
- Community engagement in decision making
- Promoting independence and
- Wellness for seniors
Please click the following for Seniors Advisory Committee minutes and other information.