Home Owner Grant
- Must apply each year
- Only one registered owner, who qualifies is to apply
- To apply online, visit gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant
- To apply by phone, call toll free 1 888 355-2700
- When you apply, you will need your social insurance number
- Must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- Live in BC
- Occupy the residence as your principal residence
- Apply before the tax due date to avoid a penalty
There will be a process change for those applying for a disability grant online – we will not be asking for documentation upfront at the time of submission. We are making the process easier and streamlined.
Property Tax Deferment
- You may qualify to defer your taxes on your principal residence for the current tax year, if you are:
- 55 years or older, a surviving spouse, or a person with disability, or
- Financially support a dependent child with disability or is under the age of 18
- You must apply online, not at the municipality.
- If you currently defer your property taxes, please refer to your Annual Statement of Account to verify you have selected the automated renewal option or not.