Sun Peaks Mountain Resort Municipality Covid-19 Outdoor Arena User Guidelines and Expectations
The following guidelines are based on protocols with consideration of the current PHO/Interior Health orders (Oct 7, 2021) and changes can be expected.
General Usage Requirements
Prior to booking the Sun Peaks Centre every user group is required to have a COVID-19 exposure control plan. The plan must clearly demonstrate how activities will align with directives of the Provincial Health Office, local authorities and comply with all requirements outlined by the appropriate provincial governing body or regulator:
- Sport: ViaSport’s Return to Sport Guidelines and their Provincial Sport Organization.
- Meetings & Events (i.e. Weddings, etc): British Columbia Meetings & Events COVID-19 Safe Restart Guidelines
- Arts & Culture: https://news.interiorhealth.ca/news/provincial-and-regional-restrictions/ NEED TO RELINK
- Parks & Recreation: https://news.interiorhealth.ca/news/provincial-and-regional-restrictions/ NEED TO RELINK
- All user groups must create and provide a copy of a COVID Safety Plan.
- The safety plan must be endorsed by the organization’s board of directors (if applicable).
- Masks must be worn at all times while inside the Sun Peaks Centre/Arena Change rooms.
- Any food or beverage service must be pre-approved prior to booking confirmation and must abide by COVID-19 protocols as set out by the Provincial Health Office and the Meetings & Events restart guidelines.
- A maximum of 50 people in the Sun Peaks Centre is permitted with proof of Vaccination as per the Interior Health Guidelines.
- A maximum of 100 people allowed in any outdoor area of the facility (Arena) with proof of Vaccination as per the Interior Health Guidelines
- Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your scheduled booking and depart immediately (within 15 minutes) after your scheduled time.
- There will be a one-hour break between user groups where the facility will be cleaned and all patrons will exit the facility before the next user group gains access. User groups need to vacate the facility immediately following their booking.
- All event set ups/lay outs must be designed with physical distancing of two metres in place. Masks must be worn by all participants, volunteers or staff while indoors.
- User groups are required to designate a COVID-19 volunteer who will manage the flow of their group, monitor physical distancing requirements and illness and/or injuries.
- All users/staff/volunteers are encouraged to use the BC COVID-19 Assessment tool prior to entering the Sun Peaks Centre and must stay home if ill.
- All user groups must provide hand sanitation stations for participants during their booking.
- Sun Peaks Municipality will conduct a deep clean once per day. All users must clean with appropriate cleaning products on all high touch areas at minimum every two hours.
- All users must provide sufficient signage to inform users of COVID-19 safety protocols in place and outline the expectation to follow them.
- All user groups’ staff and volunteers must be informed of all COVID-19 protocols in place and monitor users that they are being followed.
- Respectful behaviour with staff and other participants is encouraged and expected. Disrespectful behaviour will not be tolerated.
• User groups are required to provide the Sun Peaks Mountain Resort Municipality with a list of all participants, volunteers, staff, etc. – first and last names, telephone number or email address for every booking. The list MUST be received by the Municipality within 48 hours of the booking. The list must be retained by the user group for 30 days.
• All organizers must show proof all participants have confirmed their proof of vaccination.
Entering and Exiting Facility
• All planners are to inform all users that there will be one entrance and exit for the event.
• Each user group is required to designate a volunteer to remain at the entrance to allow any latecomers access to the facility.
• Participants will enter the facility single file while physically distancing (two metres apart). Hand sanitation station will be available upon entrance.
• Participants will be directed to exit the facility single file while physically distancing (two metres apart).
• Participants must obey all posted signs.
• Participants must physical distance (two metres) at all times. Masks must be worn by all participants, volunteers or staff while indoors.
• Participants are not permitted to congregate in groups. Participants must exit the facility within 15 minutes after their scheduled booking time.
• Maximum 50 people in the Sun Peaks Centre at any one time (including participants, volunteers, staff, etc).
Participants, volunteers, staff, etc, may not enter the facility if they have:
- Experienced COVID-19 symptoms in the past 10 days. See the BCCDC website for a full list of symptoms.
- Come into contact with someone who has experienced COVID-19 symptoms in the past 10 days.
- Come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Traveled outside of Canada or who has come into contact with someone who has traveled outside of Canada.
Participants, volunteers, staff, etc, who start to feel ill while at the Sun Peaks Centre must:
- Report their symptoms to the organiser or designated COVID-19 volunteer.
- Leave the facility immediately. If they are unable to leave the facility immediately, the ill person must be quarantined in the designated isolation room until they can leave the facility.
- Call 811 for health advice.
- Report any suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 to the Sun Peaks Mountain Resort Municipality staff.
Booking permits may be revoked for groups not respecting staff, other participants and the Sun Peaks Centre user guidelines.