Nomination packages are now being accepted by the Chief Election Officer for the offices of One (1) Mayor and four (4) Councillors for a 4-year term as follows:
Sun Peaks Municipal Office
From: 9:00 AM August 30, 2022
To: 4:00 PM September 9, 2022
Nomination documents are available at the Sun Peaks Municipal Office from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday to Friday or by clicking here.
Qualifications For Office
A person is qualified to be nominated, elected and to hold office as a member of the local government if they meet the following criteria:
- Canadian citizen;
- 18 years of age or older;
- Resident of British Columbia for at least 6 months immediately before the day nomination papers are filed;
- Not disqualified by the Local Government Act or any other enactment from voting in an election in British Columbia or from being nominated for, being elected to, or holding office; and
- Nominated by two eligible electors.
Campaign Period Expense Limits
- In accordance with the Local Elections Campaign Financing Act, for the 2022 general local election the following expense limits for candidates during the campaign period apply: Mayor - $10,797.83; Councillor - $5,398.92.
Third Party Advertising Limits
- In accordance with the Local Elections Campaign Financing Act, for the 2022 general local election the following third party advertising limits apply: $809.84
Further information on the forgoing may be obtained by contacting:
Nicky Jonsson, Chief Election Officer – (250) 578-2020 EXT 203
Shane Bourke, Deputy Election Officer – (250) 578-2020
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org